make me your homepage

Masturbator
All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission of the copyright holder. In the event of a copyright query, please contact the publisher, cienne.olaes@gmail.com

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Batad and Banaue Trip

This is how my addiction to photography started.

I only want an out of town trip and IDPC then was bound north, August last year. I was excited when Arpi invited me to join the group. It has been a long time since I've been out on a trip, so I grabbed the opportunity, disregarded the fact that the whole bunch were a total stranger to me.

I carried with me a Canon Powershot SX100 IS. Thankfully IDPC folks were kind enough to help me with the settings. I would recall kuya Ronald would timely review my shots, specific to composition. I also had my first shot with panorama (that i never take time to stitch yet), with Alford as our mentor and his monopad to support my cam. Then, an experience with long shutter that my point and shoot is never capable of, but Chito have managed to give me a few "makeshift" tips of using my shades instead of filters, and then lent me a teeny weeny tripod to support the camera (the one that i intend not to return). He was actually the one who enlightened me on how to manipulate the manual settings of my point and shoot camera and what good it could do with my shots.

I would love to go on and talk about how each one in the group had made this trip so meaningful to me... (special mention kuya bong and kuya ed who made our tummies ache with so much laughter) but it's going to be a pretty long introduction, so to IDPC folks who was there with me during this trip... here's a big hug from me... you truly made a big difference in my life...

being with you guys, is one of the best days of my life...

thank you... thank you...













No comments: